Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 17, 2011

It's a Blue Christmas

It's a blue Christmas - not because we're sad, but because this is the year of  blue for us.  Blue car, blue dresser, and now a blue tree. Maybe it all started with Thomas the train and my son's love of the color blue.  Though, our house is also very blue/brown as well, and I can't credit Nikhil with that one.  I usually do red/gold ornaments for our Christmas tree, but I was at Walmart the other day and saw these "shatterproof" ornaments, so I decided to try them out.  They had these beautiful turquoise colored ones, so of course, I had to get those.  And, let me tell you, shatterproof is the only way to go with a 2 year old boy.

The ornaments did live up to their name and at $5 for 12, they are a good deal.  Every year, we are always cleaning up shards of cheap glass from ornaments that have accidentally fallen off the tree and this year, we've been lucky with the new ornaments.

In addition to the tree, I saw this DIY Christmas ornament tutorial on younghouse love's website from their Pinterest challenge.  The step by step instructions are here (with a video tutorial).  I thought it would be a neat thing to do with my son, since he really loves arts and crafts.  We added a bunch of different colors to each ornament to make it more fun.  My niece, Bella, was visiting, so we did some more ornaments together.  I found the plain glass ornaments at Ben Franklin and had a bunch of acrylic Folk art paints from other projects.  




Aren't they pretty?  I love the swirls.  Merry Christmas everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment