Total Pageviews

Monday, October 24, 2011

My "Food Board"

If you're into home decor/design, you know about Mood Boards.  Boards that designers put together with all the design elements - chairs, fabric types, art pieces, etc when redesigning a space.  I love scouring the internet for them.

Here's an example of a mood board from one of my favorite DIY blogs Young House Love.  Kind of a wish list/plan for the new room.


So, for 9 months, I've been craving all different types of foods which I can't have.  After the birth of our first son, my poor husband had to return to work the very next day (thankfully our clinic is just up the hill from the hospital where I delivered), so he wasn't really thinking about satisfying my food cravings.

In an effort to make things easier for him (he says I expect him to read my mind too much, so this should be real clear!), I created a "Food Board" for my plan for what I want post-pregnancy.


Granted, I don't really want him to bring me a bottle of wine to the hospital room, but a nice half glass of Riesling for when I return home (and when my milk hasn't come in yet, so I'm not endangering my new baby at all).    Prosciutto and melon, Mountain dew, caramel machiato (of course, you can't get that decaf from Starbucks, so even though I'm not a huge coffee drinker, I really want this!), sushi, spicy poki and eggs benedict.  I realize some of these things don't exactly fit in a gift basket and are a little difficult to get to a hospital room, but at least all my cravings/desires are laid out here, so hubby has no excuse!

Other than that, I just had the most fabulous baby shower thrown my dear friend Hope.  I am so blessed to have so many awesome friends who were able to make it to the shower, it really was exactly what I needed.  I'll post pics of that soon once I get them off my camera and another post coming also of some small DIY projects I completed when on bedrest (i was totally stationary I swear!)

No comments:

Post a Comment